Connected Woman: Race to the Top
This Connected Woman: Race to the Top event will look at how companies are providing solutions to put women at the forefront of economic empowerment in the workforce to bolster economic inclusion, trade and investment.
Together, Westminster Business Council’s Women of Westminster and the National Black Women’s Network bring you a panel of female leaders to debate the empowerment of women in employment, economy and education.
To be able to accelerate the efforts needed to elevate the talent of women in the workplace, we need to offer bold solutions and policies that create new opportunities for entrepreneurship and generate new job roles.
Gender Pay Gap and Diversity initiatives have been put in place, but these efforts are still not effective enough in providing the equality we need.
Our speakers will address how to combat cultural and gender bias, explore the opportunities, challenges and contribution of women to the digital economy, and how we prepare the way for the next generation of female leaders, role models and visionaries.
Join us for an evening of great conversation, insight, enlightenment and networking with like-minded female professionals passionate about diversity and inclusion.
- Councillor Ruth Bush, Lord Mayor of Westminster
- Elizabeth Crowther Hunt, CEO, Westminster Business Council
- Debra Ward, Managing Director, Camm & Hooper Ltd
- Louise Chandler, Media and PR Communications Manager, Hartford Care
- Fi Bendall, Global CEO, The Female Social Network (TFSN)
- Detective Superintendent Shabnam Chaudhri, Head of Safeguarding, Metropolitan Police
6.00pm Registration and networking
6.40pm Keynote presentation
6.55pm Panel Discussion
8.45pm Closing Comments and Networking
6:00 pm - 9:00 pmLocation
The Lord Mayor's Parlour, Westminster City Hall
64 Victoria Street